CHRISTMAS PARTY FOR CHILDREN LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS
Every year, GHAI is dedicated to providing economical and emotional support to low-income families living with HIV/AIDS and hosts a Christmas party for more than 250 children living with or affected by AIDS.
It’s a rare opportunity for these boys and girls to hang out with other children living with the same condition, the only time of year when they don’t have to worry about people finding out they have or live with someone who has HIV/AIDS,”
Aside from serving as a fun gathering of peers, the event seeks to provide the children with new clothing, shoes and a toy or two for the following year.
In the past, the organization has received food and other donations from large companies.
This year, we need more organisations to donate.
More than 90% of infected children were born to HIV-positive mothers and acquired the virus before or during birth or through breastfeeding.
Number of People with HIV—There were approximately 37.9 million people across the globe with HIV/AIDS in 2018. Of these, 36.2 million were adults and 1.7 million were children (<15 years old).
New HIV Infections—An estimated 1.7 million individuals worldwide became newly infected with HIV in 2018. (New HIV infections, or “HIV incidence,” refers to the estimated number of people who newly acquired the HIV virus during a year, which is different from the number of people diagnosed with HIV during a year. Some people may have HIV but not know it.) Of these new infections:
1.6 million infections were among people ages 15 and older
160,000 infections were among children ages 0-14
Almost 80% of people with HIV worldwide have been tested and know their HIV status. Testing is the essential first step to accessing treatment.
HIV Testing—Approximately 79% of people with HIV globally knew their HIV status in 2018. The remaining 21% (about 8.1 million people) still need access to HIV testing services. HIV testing is an essential gateway to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services.
GIVE THE GIFT OF LOVE!
Your gift could transform the life of a child living in poverty today.Together, we can PRESERVE THE NEXT GENERATION, one child at a time!